Perv vs. Backpack

Who Won?

If you'd like to keep score with me, here's how it's stacking up as we finish the chemo week:
  • Hospital: Professionals monitor all of my meds instead of us and take vitals regularly. 1 point.
  • Outpatient: No beeping! 5 points.  No one taking my vitals regularly! 5 points.
  • Outpatient: My own food, my own bed, my own entertainment options. 100 points.
Okay, it's clearly a runaway: backpack won.

And based on this experience we plan to do outpatient for the next two.  (We even get to take the backpack home with us! Who knew there were such perks?)

There are different challenges with the outpatient lifestyle but the positives far outweigh the negatives for us and it made the week go by faster for me, maybe just getting outside and moving around between appointments rather than being sequestered.  

As with my other chemo weeks, I'm very wiped out now.  I manage to stay mostly upright for the first three days or so it seems and then I get beaten down.  A few days not hooked up to wires will be very welcome.  I'll crawl out from under blankets soon and check back in again...

Comments

  1. Like all those of his ilk, Perv didn't stand a chance. I don't get to use ilk in a sentence very often so thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts