Resistance Is Not Futile

Out, Damned Hickman!


Resistance is not futile after all (as my sister-in-law Jill commented in a previous post)!  The Hickman catheter that has made me feel like I'm part of the Borg Collective is officially coming out on Thursday.  I had a PET scan this morning, the results of which are very positive - positive enough to get green-lighted for moving forward with the Hickman removal.  

We'll get more details on the scan in a week and I'll share more here when we do.  Our oncology doctor is out of the office this week so we have an appointment with her next week and it won't be until that appointment that we see the results in detail.  This week, knowing we needed to make sure we could get the Hickman removed, we arranged for a different oncology doctor to call with the most basic of information.  As a teaser for next week, my SUV (do you remember your science lesson?) is now 2.5, which is normal.  So we're really hoping we'll hear the R-word next week when we're with our own doctor and we're feeling good about that happening.  I mean hey, I don't get called normal very often.

In other news, we've both started back to work.  It felt like my first day of school last week when I put my wig on and wore big-girl pants.  Here's my school photo:

I'll write again post-appointment.  For now, just sharing the good news.  And the confirmation that resisting Louie has not been futile.  And the confirmation that I will no longer have robot parts.

#resist

Comments

  1. It was so great to see you on campus last week, and I look forward to our paths crossing more frequently again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! Very much looking forward to receiving a nice long “to do” list from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! We are so happy to hear that you are through with some of the most difficult days. Here's a hug <<<:)>>>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts