Alright, Alright, Alright

Is a Tylenol Too Much to Ask?

As a recap for the low period I'm just coming out of, I did end up doing better this round than the previous two, though I was overly optimistic about the mouth sores.  I had them for fewer days but they did come.  I also had one scare with a high temperature.  While on chemo, I have to take my temperature every day and if it's ever 100.5 or higher we have to call in.  Because I have bone pain during the low period I often need some sort of pain reliever and if I reach for Tylenol I have to take my temperature again before taking it so as to make sure it doesn't mask a fever.  One evening this week we were surprised to get a 100.6 reading (of course this was after hours), which freaked us out.  We really didn't want to have to go to urgent care!  Luckily the oncologist on call was our doctor and we were spared a trip as long as we agreed not to take any Tylenol and agreed to monitor my temperature a few thousand times overnight and into the next morning.  I was fine.  But I will note that I don't have to take my temperature in order to take the opioids I have in my medicine cabinet.  I'm just sayin'.  

So yes, a Tylenol is sometimes too much to ask. 


A Little Extra Good in My Life

But here I am now, going into what will be my longest good period of all of the rounds.  There's going to be a little extra extension to the good week this time because we're now transitioning to outpatient.  If sticking to the hospital approach, I'd be starting Round Four this upcoming Friday but since we're going to do outpatient for Round Four (and hopefully Five and Six) we'll be starting the following Monday instead.  Three extra days of goodness!

And because we have some extra days to play with we're going to be able to go into work on a couple of days this week.  We've only managed that one other time so far so I'm sure three total appearances at the workplace is not making a big difference to others but it does help both of us to feel a little moment of normalcy.  And it's a good reminder that we can still do this work-thing.  

We're also doing some belated Christmas and birthday celebrations during this week (i.e., opening presents).  So I'll be opening gifts and eating whatever I want this week, doctor's orders.  Here's hoping you can do a little bit of the same!




Comments

Popular Posts