On The Up & Up & Up

I am rounding the corner.  It's Day 15 of my 15-day countdown and I've got nowhere to go but up.  

So that's exactly where I intend to go.


Transitioning To Healthy

Part of transitioning to healthy has been thinking about how to be out in the world, specifically related to the wig and to make-up.  I've been doing a bit of practice with the wig and trying to decide if I need to have the bangs trimmed a bit.  Here's a photo of the wig on an actual head, mine.


And while my eyebrows and eyelashes had really been giving it the ol' college try over these many chemo treatments, the last two treatments gave them both a good yank.  I officially have approximately two total eyelashes and expect that number to be zero soon and I have lost most of my eyebrows.  This new reality spurred me to research make-up options.  I haven't ever been a big make-up wearer but I guess since I've gained time back in the mornings from not having to do my hair, I can devote a few moments to drawing on eyebrows!  The photo above includes said make-up attempt.

I've also had to do some shopping for new clothes because none of my old pants fit and I suspect that CU would prefer that I not wear sweatpants and fuzzy socks to work.  (Okay, okay, I've also purchased a piece of furniture (or two).  But believe me, this was all based on medical necessity.)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts